How to maximise sales on Amazon
Key Trends and Top Tips: Sell on Amazon Successfully
It is reported that half the adult population are using eBay and 90% of UK consumers shop with Amazon, with 70% of people saying it’s the first online retailer they visit.
Combined, Sam Taylor and Michele Poynter make up the Retail Fixers, consultants in ecommerce and bricks and mortar retail. We were lucky enough to have them as keynotes as part of our recent Future Focus Lab series: Maximising Online Sales in Q4.
“The average shopper makes 11 purchases from an online marketplace and just 3 directly from the retailer’s website. This is huge.” says Michele.
…and it will only grow with the advancements of voice, augmented reality and virtual reality technology making it simpler for people to shop using online marketplaces.
Gleaning the wealth of handy information from the Lab, we’ve summarised below the key take–aways from Michele and Sam.
What are the key trends and changes on Amazon right now?
- A quarter of the UK adult population have an Amazon Prime account.
- 70% of people say Amazon is the first place they visit when looking for an item, compared to 20% of searches delivered on Google.
- Amazon has recently launched Amazon Custom to help their customers personalise products such as toys, furniture and jewellery competing with platforms such as Etsy and Not On The High Street.
- They are making a move into the luxury retail sector opening ‘Luxury Stores’ which is invite-only to Prime customers offering convenience and delivery fulfillment for high-end fashion brands like Oscar De La Renta.
- Finally, Amazon has released ‘Launchpad’ which showcases trendy and innovative products in areas such as electronics and beauty.
What are the top tips for creating product listings on Amazon?
- Ensure you have high quality images for your listings.
- Registering your trademark, gives you access to a number of seller tools, including video. Videos work well in listings, in fact, two thirds of product listings with a video led to a purchase.
- Check out the Chrome plugin called Hellium10 for ways to improve your Amazon listing accuracy and for competitor research.
- Consider opening a ‘store’ on Amazon, it is free.
- Put thought, strategy and time into promoting through Amazon to make it work harder for you.
What is the future of eCommerce?
- We are moving into conversational commerce I.e. shopping through voice.
- Voice based shopping is expected to jump to £40 billion in 2022.
- 60% of smartphone users have tried voice search at least once in the last 12 months.
Talk to us about coaching, grants and recruitment support for your business. Our InFocus programme does so much more than wish you well and lift your spirits; we make a difference. Fill out our short interactive form today.