Overview of Topic Do you know that your business needs to look at alternative packaging options? Does your use of single use plastics affect your brand and customer relationships? If so,
Overview of Topic
Do you know that your business needs to look at alternative packaging options? Does your use of single use plastics affect your brand and customer relationships? If so, our upcoming event will help you look at all the daunting options in a systematic and cost effective way. The event will bring together academics, policy makers, activists, packaging providers, students and businesses from across the UK with the aim of helping you find a solution, whether this is changing the materials that you use or looking at closed loop solutions. This event forms part of the sustainability week at the Falmouth University and University of Exeter, Penryn campus. You will be asked to bring examples or visualisation of your packaging to share your challenges with other businesses.
What will be covered?
- Hear from University of Exeter academics what the implications of plastic packaging is on the Cornwall environment
- Is my packaging solution closed loop or material based?
- How does a business recycle in Cornwall?
- What is the local activism movement? For example Beach Guardian and Sail against Plastic
- Innovative Packaging Solutions – Companies presenting ideas and solutions
- Green Consultants programme – how a free student placement can help do an audit to look at the different packaging options and costs.
You’ll come away from this event with some innovative ideas and solutions to your packaging problems. You will be able to determine whether your challenge is material based, or whether your current packaging is the best option for your business and you need to look at a closed loop system, for example encouraging your customers to repurpose the packaging.
You will learn whether a student placement could help you tackle the challenge, or whether further support from the Future Focus team is more suitable.
(Wednesday) 9:30 am - 4:30 pm GMT
Unlocking PotentialPhone: 0845 600 3660, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org P803 Penhaligon Building, Cornwall College, Trevenson Road Pool, Redruth TR15 3RD