COMPELLING VIDEO FOR COMPETITIVE TIMES
Bull & Wolf on why video for your business is not to be scrolled past
We’ve all seen them. Scrolling through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; you can’t avoid them. If they’re any good expect them to be catchy, punchy and overall, compelling.
We’re talking about video.
“Video for competitive times is more important than ever for businesses” says Joe Turnbull, founder of Cornish video production agency Bull & Wolf and keynote speaker during our latest webinar.
Reported in May 2020, 80% of consumers have watched more than 100 minutes of video since the lockdown began and it is fast becoming the future of online content.
“It’s really important to be part of it”, continues Joe.
“There is evidence to say that video has pushed people to find and buy products and services online and now, it’s become the go-to content that you need to be using as a marketer.”
In fact, 56% of people will buy a product if they see a video of that product on social media. Videos on social media generate 1200% more shares and your website is 53% more likely to be on top of Google if it has a video on it.
Below we share some of Joe’s tips, ideas and knowledge to help you create your next, or first, compelling video.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF VIDEO CONTENT?
STATS & TIPS FOR MAKING SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEOS
– Video content gets the highest engagement rate on Facebook with 8 billion views a day
– Videos which continue to engage the viewer after 3 seconds will continue to engage for a full 10 seconds
– Always use subtitles: 85% of people watch videos without sound, e.g. they watch videos in public places
– 2 Billion monthly users and the 2nd most visited site worldwide
– Content like Vlogs (day in the life, behind the scenes) are popular as well as How to ‘help’ videos
– Your Instagram feed needs to look ‘good’ and nicely made
– Instagram stories can be less polished as they only last for 24 hours
– Engagement on Instagram stories is highest through video rather than a static image
– Is now the 6th largest social network with some accounts having over 60 million followers
– TikTok’s demographic is now aging, going above 24
– Video is having high engagement rates for B2B
– A great platform for thought-content leadership videos
– A lot of the content on Twitter will originate from another platform
– Twitter seeing lower user-ship numbers now
IN SUMMARY, WHAT MAKES A COMPELLING VIDEO FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
“Have a clear goal and strategy over three months and keep reviewing it quarterly” says Joe.
“Define if your goal is to be emotive or to get people to click though to your website, for example. It’s also important to be authentic. If you are telling an emotive story you need something which fits your business ethos and values“
If you are already signed up to one of our programmes and would like to watch a recording of the Bull & Wolf webinar, please email your Business Development Manager or email the team email@example.com.
If you’re looking to grow your online audience, and would like funded support and expertise on marketing and customer loyalty through one of our ERDF programmes, get in touch with us today via our interactive form to tell us about your business.